Thursday, April 24, 2008

What you one thought you'd always have disapears, making you value what you have now

John Hougue




It's the ones you hold so dear,
the ones you love the most,
The ones you think you'll never loose,
the ones you miss the most.
They don't die slowly either,
but it's like a slap in the face.
Now you'll always remember,
Their loving, tender grace.
Now that they have left us,
We cling to what we have.
Did we think we'd ever loose them?
What if we loose it all?
It's now that we come to value what we have,
Instead of taking it all for granted.

To the life of John Hogue, a loving, serving Christian man who changed many lives. His goal was to witness to two people every day. John Hogue was a loving father to 11 children, and a loving grandfather to about 38 grandchildren. On Tuesday April 22, John Hogue was killed in a car accident. Now he is happy with Jesus, the master he faithfully served for over 70 years.




Now please scroll down and listen to "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns.

3 comments:

Myra Frances said...

Yeah so, after publishing this and editing it and then noticing another error and editing it and doing that about a hundred times, I have it right. (I hope!)

Leah-Joy said...

You all are in our prayers! We love you all!

Deborah said...

Just stopping by to visit and say that I love you.

I am so sorry that your family lost such a saint. It is awesome that you have loved ones such as him that are so precious to God's Kingdom. I see that preciousness in your family.

You are a joy to me ~ a ray of sunshine.

Aunt Deborah